Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6).
You see, Jesus IS the answer to that question. Some may ask..."What is truth?", but really the question should be "Who is truth"? Jesus makes it clear in the Bible, that He is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. The word 'THE' implies singular, meaning that there is NO OTHER WAY, except through JESUS! Wow...what a remarkable statement we have from our LORD.
Not only in this testimony from Christ, but we have reassurances all-throughout the Bible, making it clear that our God is a God of truth. He is not a God who lies, but goes out of His way to reassure us that what He is claiming and stating in His Word is the truth. This is why we as believers, need to trust Him on His word and learn to take His word over the word of fallible mankind.
Here are just a *few* places in our Bible, where God declares Himself to be the Truth:
- Exodus 34:6 -- God describes Himself as "The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"
- Deuteronomy 32:4 -- "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."
- Psalm 86:5 -- "But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. "
- Psalm 119:151 -- "Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth. "
- Zechariah 8:3 -- "Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain. "
- John 17:17 -- "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. "
- 3 John 1:4 -- " I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
So the next time you hear someone try to argue that we cannot know what truth is...let them know that we CAN and DO know what truth is! Our Bible is Truth...and we can point them to the LIVING TRUTH we have in Jesus Christ. We can be assured of that...you don't have to doubt God on His Word being true to us throughout all time!
Pass on the truth of God to others, and God bless!